NCAPA Weekly Roundup
NCAPA MEMBERS IN THE NEWS
- New NCAPA Website and Micro-Site: At the NCAPA 2.0 Briefing & AAPI Data Summit, we unveiled the new website and micro-site for NCAPA's policy platform. Please take a look at the new site and encourage your network to share feedback and endorsements as we work on the policy platform for 2016.
- APAHM Recap: National Director Mini Timmaraju was a speaker in several panels for last week's heritage month events, including during the opening plenary of WHIAAPI's AAPI Summit. Check out the coverage in United Press International, The GW Hatchetand American Bazaar.
- Letter Supports Affirmative Action: More than 135 AANHPI organizations and individuals, including all Asian Americans Advancing Justice affiliates, signed a letter in support of affirmative action in higher education. NCAPA members APALA, CAPAW, HND, JACL, LANA, LEAP, NAPAWF, NAKASEC, OCA, SEARAC and SAALT signed the letter. Read it here.
- Gov. Cuomo Introduces Nail Salon Workers Plan: New York's governor released a plan earlier this week and introduced legislation to educate employers and protect nail salon workers. Read it here and read NAPAWF's letter to the editor in response to New York Times coverage. In case you missed it, Miriam Yeung also penned an op-ed: "Better Manicures in 7 Steps."
- NAPABA: Bryan Cave/NAPABA Law Foundation Community Service Scholarship (Deadline: Friday, May 29)
- AAPA: Fellows (Deadline: Monday, June 1)
- APAICS: STEM Fellowship (Deadline: Friday, June 12)
- National CAPACD: Membership and Communications Coordinator (Deadline: Friday, June 19)
- Tuesday, June 2 @ 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET: June NCAPA General Meeting
- Thursday, June 11 - Sunday, June 14: SABA North America Convention in Orlando
- Thursday, July 2 - Sunday, July 5: OCA National Convention in San Francisco
- Wednesday, August 5: AAPA 2015 Annual Convention in Toronto
OTHER COMMUNITY EVENTS
Do you like this post?