NCAPA Weekly Roundup : June 5-12, 2015
NCAPA MEMBERS IN THE NEWS
- NCAPA Members and Partners Host AAPI-Led Pro-Immigrant Rally: Yesterday, SEARAC, OCA, AAJC, NAPAWF and other partners held a rally to urge Congress to pass fair and humane immigration reform policies. Rep. Judy Chu, SEARAC Exec. Director Quyen Dinh, immigration co-chair Kham Moua and other advocates spoke at the event. Participants of SEARAC's Leadership and Advocacy Training were in attendance. See photos here and updates from the rally on SEARAC's Twitter.
- APIAHF & Johns Hopkins Launch Journal on Childhood Obesity: On Wednesday, APIAHF held a special launch of their journal in collaboration with The Johns Hopkins University Press about the under-researched topic of childhood obesity in Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities. Learn more here.
- NAPCA Focuses on Raising Voices of AAPI Elders: Dr. Wesley Lum, NAPCA's CEO, wrote a blog for Diverse Elders on comments that NAPCA submitted to the White House Conference on Aging. Read it here.
- Hiring a National Director: NCAPA is searching for a new national director. Please continue to help us spread the word via this link: http://bit.ly/NCAPA-National-Director
- NCAPA: National Director in Washington, D.C. (Deadline: Monday, June 22)
- APAICS: STEM Fellowship (Deadline: Today, Friday, June 12)
- SAALT: Program Associate in Takoma Park, MD (Priority deadline: Tuesday, June 30)
- National CAPACD: Membership and Communications Coordinator in Washington, D.C. (Deadline: Friday, June 19)
- BPSOS-Houston: Part-Time ESL Citizenship Teacher
- NAPABA: Communications Manager in Washington, D.C.
- Tuesday, June 16 @ 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.: Center for APA Women Community Reception in Portland
- Tuesday, June 23: APIASF Higher Education Summit in D.C.
- Tuesday, June 23 @ 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET: National CAPACD Webinar on "Scrimping + Saving" Report
- Thursday, July 2 - Sunday, July 5: OCA National Convention in San Francisco
- Wednesday, August 5: AAPA 2015 Annual Convention in Toronto
Do you like this post?