This week's roundup of NCAPA news and events
NCAPA MEMBERS IN THE NEWS
- Sign on to support Sen. Hirono's All Students Count Amendment: Please share and sign on to support the All Students Count amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act to ensure that data is disaggregated for K-12 AAPI students.
CAPAL Washington Leadership Program: A Discussion about Mental Health: On Wednesday, July 1, NCAPA's Policy and Membership Manager Kelly Honda moderated a fireside chat with Dr. DJ Ida of NAAPIMHA, as part of CAPAL's third session in the 2015 Washington Leadership Program. DJ Ida spoke on mental health issues within the AANHPI community regarding cultural taboos, language barriers and women's health, among other topics, and encouraged young professionals to open a dialogue with their families and communities on these issues.
- CAAM Featured in National Endowment for the Arts Blog: CAAM Executive Director Stephen Gong was interviewed in the NEA and talked about the importance of media representation and the arts for our communities. Read the full interview.
- SEARAC Leadership and Advocacy Training: On June 9-11, SEARAC held its 17th annual Leadership and Advocacy Training in Washington, D.C., attended by over 40 community members from 17 different states. Read about what LAT participants accomplished in SEARAC's June News Roundup.
- NAKASEC: Summer Campaign Fellow in Annandale, Va./Washington, D.C.
- NAPABA: Policy & Programs Director in Washington, D.C.
- Thursday, July 2 - Sunday, July 5: OCA National Convention in San Francisco
- Tuesday, July 7 @ 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.: NCAPA Brown Bag - Blueprint 2:0 at AAJC office
Tuesday, July 7 @ 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET: NCAPA General Meeting
- Monday, July 13 - Wednesday, July 15: JACL National Convention in Las Vegas, NV
- Tuesday, July 28 @ 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.: SALDEF/SikhLEAD Langar on the Hill in the Rayburn Foyer on Capitol Hill
Wednesday, Aug. 5: AAPA 2015 Annual Convention in Toronto
- Thursday, Aug. 6 - Sunday Aug. 9: 2015 National NQAPIA Conference: Thriving Together in Chicago, IL
- Saturday, Aug. 8: Sixth Laotian National Conference Workshop in Providence, RI
- Thursday, Aug. 13 - Sunday, Aug. 16: APALA 13th Biennial Convention in San Diego
Saturday, Sept. 26 - Sunday, Sept. 27:
Center for APA Women National Leadership Summit and 20th Anniversary Reception @ Microsoft Conference Center in Redmond, WA.NCAPA Partners use Discount Code - 2015NCAPA - for 10% discount.
- Monday, Sept. 28 - Wednesday, Sept. 30: National CAPACD 15th Annual Convention in D.C. Registration open.
OTHER COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Wednesday, July 8: CAPAL Washington Leadership Program: Education
- Thursday, July 9 @ 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.: WHIAAPI Youth Forum in D.C.
- Thursday, July 9 @ 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.: APAICS Briefing and Panel on the Nielsen 2015 Asian-American Consumer Report. RSVP here.
- Sunday, July 12 @ 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: "Baby Steps" Movie Screening in LA
- Monday, July 13 @ 5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.: Congressional Liberation Reception in D.C.
Do you like this post?