Whole Person Leadership Conference
Challenges and Opportunities for API Women
Critical to effective 21st century leadership is the ability to have strategic vision and a Whole Person Leadership—leadership that strives for balance in one’s physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Being a Whole Person Leader grounds one with an orientation that allows for agility and holistic foundation from which to influence and make a difference. Understanding and being aware of future trends and forecasts equips leaders to develop strategic vision.
Join us for an interactive, dialogue-driven, one-day conference designed to provide participants with greater insight into challenges and opportunities in four critical areas—1) The Economy, 2) Demographics, 3) Technology, and 4) The Future of Work—while incorporating Whole Person Leadership into their perspective.
Participants will leave the conference better able to contribute powerful ideas and implement designs to better serve their organizations and the world. We encourage participants from all sectors to attend, including corporate, non-profit, government, and academia.
- 8:00-8:30 Registration/Breakfast provided by Cole Chemicals
- 8:30-9:00 Welcome/Introduction/Acknowledgements
- Whole Person Leadership
- 9:00-11:00 Facing Forward: Challenges and Opportunities for API Women
API women leaders will deliver four dynamic presentations about future trends and the challenges and opportunities they present as it relates to the economy, demographics, technology and the future of work.
- o Christine Kymn - Chief Economist and Director and Director of Economic Research, Small Business Administration, Office of Advocacy
- o Kay Iwata – President, K. Iwata Associates, Inc.
- 11:00-11:15 Break
- 11:15-1:45 Challenges and Opportunities -
Our Mega Coffee Break AKA Open Space Technology (OST)
Using the OST process model participants will self-select and manage, based upon what interests and excites them into small dialogue communities. The communities will have a map to help guide their dialogue. Eventually each community will report out to the group at large the results of their dialogue. During this time along with the dialogue communities the following will be available:
- 11:45 Bento Box Lunches Available (chicken&salmon or vegetarian boxes)
- 11:45-2:30 API Arts and Crafts Marketplace
- 1:45-2:30 Breaking News: Reports from Community Dialogues
- 2:30-2:45 Break
- 2:45-4:15 Panel - Women of Influence Facing Forward
- Moderator: Donna Fujimoto Cole – President, Cole Chemicals
- Susan Muranishi - Chief Administration Officer, County of Alameda
- Kay Fernandez Smith - Assistant Vice President of Programs, The San Francisco Foundation
- Evelyn Obamas - International Project Manager & Philippines Community Manager, Pinterest
- Joanne Tabelija-Murphy - Director, Constituent Relations, Corporate Affairs, Walmart
- 4:15-4:30 Close
Thank you to our sponsors :
East Bay Community Foundation
Asian Health Services
K. Iwata Associates, Inc